So durable

It's probably due to all the layers of topcoat, but the Bollywood mani stays put without any chipping. But I long for trying the same layout but in different colors, so it will be wiped of today or tomorrow.

I got my first NailMail order with 5 polishes from Rescue Beauty Lounge on Monday, but managed to keep myself on a tight reign and have not unpacked it. I'm gonna wrap it up real good and put it under the Christmas tree as the one and only Christmas gift for me. Oh no, the rest of the bunch is not mean, we just stopped getting Christmas presents for the grown ups years and years ago.

But I have a real problem: no matter how much all natural handmade soap and rich hand cream, the same thing has started to occur as it did last winter - thickening of the skin at the top edge closest to the nails. Hmm, there is probably a scientific name for that part of the human body, but heck if I know it. On the thumbs the thickened skin is starting to crack, last winter it was painful but we haven't reached that level yet. At first I thought it was due to the nail oil (read about that somewhere), but now I have just used my hand cream and the phenomena is coming back nevertheless. I can't help but nibble slightly or - horrors - use the nail file and buff of the residue skin, but none of it makes anything better :-(  Is there anyone out there who has any idea why this happen and what to do about it, I would be eternal grateful.

Today is homemade broccoli soup, the only good thing one can do with broccoli according to my 14yr old son LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Mom of two kids, two furry girls and happy owner of one DH, all resides in Sweden. Passionate about quilting and a reborn interest for decorative nails. Mamma till två söner, matte till två hundar och fru till en man. Är passionerat intresserad av quiltning och har ett pånyttfunnet intresse för snygga naglar.