Gott Nytt År - Happy new year

Here I am with only a layer of basecoat (Hydrating from LA girls) on my nails after several attempts of a fitting NY manicure. Heck knows if I find one. My 14 yr old is cleaning his room and walk in closet, ven vacuumed the floor - voluntarily, cause he want everything to be neat for the new year to come. I don't have the foggiest why he turned out this way, but both my sons are extraordinary good kids :-)

Since the age of 18 I have colored my hair cause my natural color is typically mousy brown and I have been through every color imaginable - from golden blond to black tulip, copper, mahogany and back. Most of the colorings I have done at home without having any trouble at all ever. Until today. The package said reddish brown and alluringly "without ammonia",  so even though I don't know the label I went ahead and bought it with a frisson of misgiving. And of course - it turned out somewhat light mahogany and - it did NOT cover all the hair. So now I look like...well like I have some sort of very uneven highlights of a more mousy color. Sam looked at me and said - "red, hmmm your like Donna (in That so 70th show) - a redtop". If you ask me, it does look a bit strange when you look at it closely, but I'm really not sure it's a good idea to try to cover the mess with a darker hue of a fabric I know of. Who knows, it might all fall out LOL.

Outside it bangs and my poor poor Fiona is starting to get into a fit. She is very gun-shy like many other animals, so even though I have stuffed her ears with fat cotton (haha, tell me the right English word for that), in a while I'm going to feed her some doggie tranquilizers hidden in yummy meatballs. Better zonked out than scared shitless if you ask me. Yesterday on the radio they told that tonight the population of Sweden (all 11-12 million of us) will spend 500 million Swedish Kronas (SEK) on fireworks. Can you believe that sum? Not only do they play with the mental health of dogs etc, but they contaminate the air and ground with heavy metals and such....for the life of me I can't understand that it's allowed. I'm no sourpuss, I do think that well done fireworks are very pretty and breathtaking, but when it's at the cost of animals and environment, they ought to outlaw the whole thing.

So hopefully Fiona will sleep it through hidden in the spare bedroom in the basement with the radio turned up loud. We are going to have a small seafood banquet and some champs later on but I doubt very much that I will be able to stay awake until the stroke of 12. Old age is getting to me ;-)

May all have a fine evening and a Happy New Year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Mom of two kids, two furry girls and happy owner of one DH, all resides in Sweden. Passionate about quilting and a reborn interest for decorative nails. Mamma till två söner, matte till två hundar och fru till en man. Är passionerat intresserad av quiltning och har ett pånyttfunnet intresse för snygga naglar.