Acrylics - don't do this at home

Ever since I got active on the web on all the Delphi Forums and Yahoo groups, even my first website and blog, I have been writing in English. The reason is simple - no Swedish talking people anywhere I looked. Well, just one Yahoo group I found some years ago, dedicated to quilting.

I think I told this before, but in my younger years while sporting loooooong nails, whenever one split or broke I either did a silk wrap it or glue on an acrylic nail tip and these methods worked just fine. Today they don't and I have no clue why - nothing stays put the way I want them to.

So when I was on a smallish shopping spree at Head2ToeBeauty store a month or so ago, I found this small trial kit for acrylic nails from EZ Flow for only just under 6 USD. Nowhere did it say (or I just overlooked it) that it was for professionals only. Since no instruction came with the little box, I found some on Youtube and today I decided to try the whole thing out on the left pinky nail. To get the nail form to stay put was almost impossible, but at last I managed to squeeze it in place and I could get started. To make a long story short - I realized in a few seconds why this isn't a DIYS product, the smell is so horrible and just screams DANGER at you with full force. Luckily I had hardly gotten any on my nail, the most ended up on the form and that was just the tiniest amount.

But can you imagine what kind of s-t goes into a product that stinks hardcore chemicals to heaven come from just a 2mm amount of goo? I must confess that even though having been tempted to visit a salon to get even longish nails, after this experience I doubt very much I ever will.

So I'm searching through my small stash to find some unusual (at least for me) color combination to make a new sponged mani. But first, finish cooking the baby back ribs we are going to have for dinner (hint - precook them in a broth and let cool, then you just have to glaze them and grill, more succulent ribs you have to look hard to fin ;-P). And - I have to start audition which fabrics that will go into the quilt I'm going to make for my darling MIL.

Now look, isn't that a plan for a quite creative weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Mom of two kids, two furry girls and happy owner of one DH, all resides in Sweden. Passionate about quilting and a reborn interest for decorative nails. Mamma till två söner, matte till två hundar och fru till en man. Är passionerat intresserad av quiltning och har ett pånyttfunnet intresse för snygga naglar.