I really don't like


photo by Credit: Shutterstock
when companies state that their all natural products contain materials neither me or my friends in the Botanical Perfumery world has ever heard of. Like cold pressed vanilla oil.....in my world there are three vanilla materials; infused oils or tinctures (you put the beans in your oil of choice or high grade alcohol and let them steep until they smell like paradise on earth), vanilla oleoresin/resin ( en "hydrocarbon extraction") and vanilla absolute. Check out "Perfume and Flavour Materials of Natural Origin" by Steffen Arctander and read it all, he was a real master and the books is a botanical perfumery bible ;-)


Here I have to insert that I have been into natural botanical toiletries including perfumes since 2001, so I think I'm quite knowledgeable;-P But after much hassle with not very pleasant people in the same "industry" involved, I promised I would never open my mouth  questioning other peoples methods or products or how they conduct their business. But hey, some promises are meant to be broken - hahaha.




But, I mean it can be a possibility that some chemist has developed a method to press the oil out of the vanilla pods seeds? Can you imagine the price that would obtain? Not that vanilla absolute comes cheap, it is verrrahhhh expensive, but those seeds are tiny tiny tiny.


Like the ones in blueberries.....I do know that there are blueberry seed oil to get at the price of almost 2000 SEK for 500ml, these seeds are smallish too so it and it certainly takes an enormous amount of berries to produce a small amount of oil. But there is maybe the same phenomena as ever with other über expensive ingredients; you use cheep (but vegetable) oils like rape - and sunflower seed oils and then just run by the vat with the blueberry oil??? Or you just ask for a steep price for the end product. Feel free to call me cynic ;-) To be brutally honest, if you want a personal and lovely body oils, Crearome here in Sweden carries a nice selection and you can scent it anyway your heart desire with nice Essential Oils and Absolutes. Hmm, there are days when I regret that I didn't go into this all natural toiletries full time way back in time....now I just make them for my own, family and very close friends enjoyment. The reason is that the rules and regulations both Swedish and EU's are so ridged, that following them would cost a bundle or two. Here my bitchy side again -  I wonder if all the companies out there follow these rules to the T??
Side note - If I may brag, my own handmade handcreame rock .


Think I'm going to take of Zoya Caitlin which has behaved beautifully and stayed put for four days, looking pretty. The only reason to take it of is that a huge nail flake peeled of at the right thumb and so far, I never managed to get any extra polish on such bold spot to look good. I'm going to check my camera later, I think I have a pic of it, if so - I'm going to edit this post later. Edit - that flake tore of a large piece of the nail = short thumb nail :-( Now I absolutely need to re-do my nails before every tiny chip turns into a disaster. But first I have to go to a meeting at John school. Edit again - here is the pic of Caitlin and I agree, I'm not much good at photographing nails :-( But the polish along with Marley is veryvery good.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Mom of two kids, two furry girls and happy owner of one DH, all resides in Sweden. Passionate about quilting and a reborn interest for decorative nails. Mamma till två söner, matte till två hundar och fru till en man. Är passionerat intresserad av quiltning och har ett pånyttfunnet intresse för snygga naglar.