Handmade soap

I have some friends in the US who makes the most delicious handmade soap and of course they use only natural botanicals to scent them. I am in need of some soap right, but right now in this moment they don't have a large selection in store. Soooo I turned my eyes to Sweden to see if I could find a soap maker close by who use naturals for scent. But so far no luck - only horrible awful fragrance oils and even though I can bee tempted (Pomegranate sounds lovely) I know for sure that I'm never going to be able to stand the scent = shiver and shake allover. I can't for the life of me understand why you go through the whole process of making handcrafted soaps using natural oils and fats and then "destroy" it all with using synthetic scents.

Well, the search goes on :-) or I buy a whole lot of the same soap from my American friends.
Edited; both my marvelously gifted soapmaking, soapy friends now had several different soaps at sell at Etsy, so I placed an order from both. That way I'm assured that I'm getting the quality I'm used to :-D

And if you never have tested all handcrafted all natural soaps from a master soap maker, please do so and you and your body is in for a treat. Ever since I stopped using commercial soaps which contain almost no or none natural glycerine, my skin almost never need any lotion or such. If my skin for any reason should get overly dry, I just blend a nice little sugarscrub for using a bit of jojoba, some rice bran oil and maybe a hint of avocado oil, just enough to cover some table spoons of brown sugar, scenting it with what tickles my fanny - an aged Patchouli and Vanilla (bean infused in jojoba) work everytime:-) maybe a hint of antique Sandalwood and why not, a dash of Lavender concrete?
When you use this, take care so you not slip in the shower!!!

Ack, I feel a need for a bath or shower coming on - making me smell heavenly on a Saturday night:-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Mom of two kids, two furry girls and happy owner of one DH, all resides in Sweden. Passionate about quilting and a reborn interest for decorative nails. Mamma till två söner, matte till två hundar och fru till en man. Är passionerat intresserad av quiltning och har ett pånyttfunnet intresse för snygga naglar.