Ugly as sin

Just look at this picture!


Not only is the quality downright awful, put the mani itself is ugly as sin. I confess, I haven't truly been into it the last couple of weeks due to intensive sewing, but at least I do have had my nails painted one way or the other. But this time I think I outdone myself when it comes to sloppiness and choice of color. In my pink/red drawer I found a China Glaze I didn't even remember owning "Trophy Wife" and happily I put on two layers. Only to realize that warmish pink really isn't my thing (that is with a red tone - I only like and look good with pinks with a bluish hue)....so I topped it of with China Glaze "Mahoganie" in a thick globby French kind of way, but that really didn't do it either. So why not try a fishnet Konad stamp huh?? With Sally Hansen "Black Diamond"?? Oh my, it looks like a thing we have here that is called "Kassler". That is boneless whole porkchop in a net that is smoked like bacon (or a fat chick's thigh in a fish net stocking)  it's good with pasta, but not so great on your nails :-(

I think I'm going to stop being adventurous and stick with pale bluish pinks and white tips for a while. At least until the DWR quilt is all done and delivered. Said and done, put some white on my tips, cook dinner and then sew for a while. And the snow keeps falling - OMG - when will this white nightmare ever end???

3 comments:

Lillasyster January 15, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

Haha, så skön du är, Wolfie! :D Som du leker med orden! "or a fat chick's thigh in a fish net stocking..." Jag ÄLSKAR idéen till din manikyr! Tror att den är svår att få till precis som man vill ha den, dock :/

Lillasyster January 15, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

PS. TACK snälla för din fina "välkommen tillbaka"-kommentar. Det värmer verkligen, på riktigt. Tack! Kul att höra att du/ ni bryr dig/ er. <3

Wolfie January 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

Leka med orden är skoj, särskilt att översätta rakt av från engelska till svenska och tvärt om. T.ex. "veta på vilken sida hans macka är smörad" eller varför inte min pappas favvouttryck betr nervositet "chew on your heart with your front teeth".

Glad to have you back .-)

Post a Comment

About this blog

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Mom of two kids, two furry girls and happy owner of one DH, all resides in Sweden. Passionate about quilting and a reborn interest for decorative nails. Mamma till två söner, matte till två hundar och fru till en man. Är passionerat intresserad av quiltning och har ett pånyttfunnet intresse för snygga naglar.