Pearly flowers

The last couple of weeks my nails have been without anything but polish. Yesterday though I found some blog by a girl who makes the most amazing flowers in acrylic. Somewhere in the back of my mind lurks some images on Youtube with someone creating such flowers, but since I found the smell of that little try-out acrylic kit I bought in December (or was it November?) so utterly offensive, so far I have refrained from even trying to make one single little flower.

Instead I made these (sorry the pic is taken with flash, since the natural daylight isn't enough to get any picture worth it):

On a bed of Color Club Glitz & Glamour I added one layer of CC Sugar Rush and before it started to try, I kind of swirled a piece of hardly twisted aluminum foil (why? had nothing better to use), then a thick layer of Poshé (which I have come to like much much better than Seche Vite). Then the pearly flowers - in the middle a rhinestone of lovely pinkish hue that I got from my sis at Christmas and then surrounded it with half pearls from Born Pretty.

This is far more unusual than I normally do, but I think they turned of kind of sweet. The worse thing about putting ornaments on your nail is that when the time come to remove it, the rhinestones and such are destroyed by the NP remover. Luckily mis sis was very generous with her gifts, so the rhinestones are going to last me a while.

I have some unstitching to do on the DWR quilt I'm working on..... don't think I ever have done so much un stitching and pinning with anything I have ever sewn as much as I have done with this project. Rather depressing process if you ask me. But I still really truly would like to know how these acrylic flowers are made ;-)

2 comments:

Sis January 19, 2011 at 8:46 PM  

Räknade snabbt som ögat ut att du kan använda julklappen 144 gånger :))
Det är nästan tre gånger i veckan det :))))
Pyyyyyss

psss vansinnigt söta blommor <3

Wolfie February 22, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

Talk about being overly late replying..solely;-)
Since I have been wearing mostly single color nails lately, these little gems will last like forever. Pretty things need pretty mani, så det så:-D

Post a Comment

About this blog

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Mom of two kids, two furry girls and happy owner of one DH, all resides in Sweden. Passionate about quilting and a reborn interest for decorative nails. Mamma till två söner, matte till två hundar och fru till en man. Är passionerat intresserad av quiltning och har ett pånyttfunnet intresse för snygga naglar.